Monday, October 12, 2009

For the ultimate outdoors man


This is a birthday card I made for my brother, the ultimate outdoors man. I used the camping set. First step was to stamp the fire in Coffee Bean brilliance ink. Then I clear embossed it. I colored in the flames with marker and immediately embossed that too. Then I stamped the tent in Pearlescent Ivy Brilliance ink and embossed. I stamped the stars in Moonlight White Brilliance ink and embossed. I took Aspen Mist and Aegean Blue VersaMagic ink direct to the paper starting with the lighter one and working up and then the darker one overlapping the lighter. I then blended with a tissue. I used Pearlescent Ivy for the ground. I used watercolors to fill in the open areas of the tent. I colored in with a light blue and added purple to the areas that would have less light on it.
I have seen the direct to paper technique with the embossing before and admired the effect. I hadn't done it myself before and now am glad I gave it a try. I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment